the Academic Literacy Program
a proven approach to enhance learning for your students
The Academic Literacy Program (ALP) is our institutional offering, geared at formalized learning organisations – be it a school, a homeschooling collective, or a private literacy-focused practice. Offered online and onsite, it utilizes our powerful Wordspace platform to deliver our academic literacy solution into all aspects of the teacher and student relationship.
our Academic Literacy Program:
- provides online teacher training in the instruction area of the Wordspace, as well as on-going coaching and teaching support.
- includes on site consultation and teaching.
- creates a teaching staff that is better equipped to directly instruct their students on how to independently listen, read, and write.
- focuses on developing the core competencies targeted by the institution and mandated by society at large – how to collaborate as a member of a team, how to problem solve and create – and ultimately how to engage in the world as an individual and citizen.
- offers resource material in thematic activity modules to help the institution develop learning activities within selected courses.
- costs far less than the price of not addressing the issue that is it designed to resolve.
let’s walk through an example with the LEARN method and our AI-powered Wordspace
To begin, take a moment to read the following text:
When a storm’s winds reach 39 mph, it becomes a tropical storm – and as the storm continues to expand and its winds reach 74 mph, it is called a hurricane and will receive a name such as Hurricane Katrina. A hurricane can extend hundreds of miles from the centre of the hurricane. The most powerful hurricanes can sustain winds of over 156 mph. When hurricanes hit land, they cause massive damage, storm surges, major water damage, rogue waves and flooding. Once they do hit land, hurricanes quickly weaken as they are no longer being powered by warm ocean water.
Now that you’ve read the text, watch the video below to see how the Wordspace works and watch the LEARN method in action.
imagine the possibilities… how can we help in your environment?
The Wordspace, our LEARN method and our in-person offerings are a powerful combination. Our learning solution allows for greater collaboration among teachers and students, real-time engagement with your students in class or remotely, content curation, on-going teacher coaching and support, and much more.
To explore how we can bring value to your institution’s current solutions, to learn more about our approach, or to schedule a walkthrough, please click the contact us button below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Having used Alice with a number of my students, the margin highlight suggestions create much-appreciated and valuable prompts for note-taking and anchors for recall. It’s a great tool that has had dramatic results in reading and comprehension, but also improved confidence.
This program was the miracle we were looking for to help our child. It unlocked their brain and enabled them to finally realize their true potential.
I had no doubt that it would be successful with several of our classes, but I was pleasantly surprised with the success with all of the classes. I’m so thrilled with the outcome.
Our students showed significant gains in reading comprehension. Their reading fluency, spelling and vocabulary improved as well. I would strongly recommend this product.
The Wordspace is a game changer for my students. It really teaches them how to learn… comprehension and retention start to come naturally! I am thrilled to have Next Knowledge working with me in my classroom! And when at-home learning takes place, my students can use the Wordspace from home. Parents are also grateful for the extra support!
Any willing educator can access — and all interested students can benefit from — this strategy.